Capabilities of Yurika's IoT
Our IoT ecosystem-platform is device agnostic, data agnostic and connectivity agnostic, allowing anyone, anywhere to bring any device and data together; combining it with any other source of data they’d like to see — we offer the full IoT stack of solutions.
We create device and asset hierarchies for ease of storing data
Our data model stores information in entities. These entities are used to access data over APIs and are used for visualisation in purpose-built dashboards. Our platform allows you to model your device and asset structure into multiple levels making it easier to manage data. Complex device asset relationships are defined to better enable data aggregation. User access to device telemetry and metadata is controlled within a defined hierarchy.
Data retrieval is made easy through our device management functionality
Our platform provides multiple ways to connect and manage devices — either directly, or through a gateway, that allows quick and easy retrieval of data.
Device Management allows a system hierarchy, including:
- Grouping devices of a specific type, that perform similar functions
- Defining gateways that provide connectivity to one or more devices
- Define locations where one or several gateways are distributed
- Define device networks that group locations
Following device management features are available using the Web GUI and over REST API.
Manage your assets in a way that suits you
Assets are defined as entities that can be one or multiple IoT devices. Typical assets are monitoring stations or a building that contains multiple devices or sensors. Each device can send distinct, but related data as the device is part of the overall asset (monitoring station or building). Full management of assets and their device is available meaning that the developer can add or delete devices from asset definitions, as required. This can be viewed immediately in the development dashboard and deployed to the production environment.
Devices can be grouped and structured in a hierarchy linked to assets for a logical representation that can be visualised in dashboards. This enables seamless monitoring and oversight of device fleets across dispersed locations and for different purposes.
Our Platform is a master of device management functionality
- Gateway, Device and Smart Object Template creation
- Device, Gateway, and Other Smart Object Registration
- Device Communication
- Gateway and Device Management
- Internet Point of Presence
Message Queues and Message Broker functionality is one of the most important capabilities to handle data streams coming from large volumes of devices in real-time. Using durable and scalable queues allows our IoT Platform to implement back-pressure and load balancing to handle peak traffic loads ensuring performance targets are maintained.
Multi-layered business logic allows for complex event processing
Our platform logic function is a highly customisable and configurable system for complex event processing. It offers the ability to create rules and functions to manage messages and events.
- Filter: To select specific data that is required for processing or to be used by other applications or dashboards.
- Enrich: Combining data from multiple sources or adding values to data received.
- Transform: Modify incoming messages originated by IoT devices and related assets.
- Take action: Based on data values, receive notifications, generate alarms or execute an action.
Functions can be created to perform calculations based on telemetry data for comparison in dashboards. A variety of rules can also be defined and applied by users.
Data Records and Streaming
Yurika’s IoT Platform is designed to consider the periodical transmission of data records which are represented, analysed, and stored as multiple and continuous data streams.
Data records are timestamped, sorted by time, and associated to at least one source. For instance, a telemetry record can contain the time of the measurement and the time when the data is received.
Telemetry data records can be ingested one at a time or in bulk. The content of the streams can be real time data or historical, carrying one or multiple data points. Records are analysed, locally or in the cloud, against a set of rules. A different type of data record can be generated as a result, commonly referred as an alert.
API management layers allow easy access to data and related functionality
Authorised users can quickly and easily access functionality and data via APIs:
- Browse and search APIs by provider, tags, or name
- Provision API keys
- Subscribe to APIs and manage subscriptions on per-application basis
- Subscriptions can be at different service tiers based on expected usage levels
- Interactive API Test console
- Notifications enabled for new versions of subscribed APIs
- Common view of the store for users registered under the same organisation
Manage any connectivity type to drive business process automation
The IoT platform offers capability to manage device connectivity and view connectivity details in near real time. Current connectivity management is supported for 3G, 4G, NB-IoT and Lora. The functionality available depends on the connectivity option selected. Our platform offers the user the ability to manage connectivity in the automation of business processes that require business critical communication.
Our IoT Platform Connectivity Management Portal offers:
- SIM card management including the ability to assign SIM details to devices
- Communication management including de/block devices, view status and location
- Subscription management including the ability to create alarms and triggers for communication alerts
- Communication usage including the ability to view transmission performance and data volumes
Our connectivity reporting services provide a periodic report outlining operational insights on:
- Network Accessibility Metrics, through KPIs benchmarked against historical indicators and standardised thresholds
- Event and Incident Reporting, through analysis of historical events and benchmarks to highlight trends in overall connectivity performance.