The National Electricity Market (NEM) covers all Australia except the NT and WA. The NEM is both a wholesale electricity market and the physical power system used to transport power.
Within the NEM customer connections area classified as large or small:
- Large market customers can appoint their own MC and instruct their electricity retailer about the appointment.
- Small consumers do not currently have an option to engage their own MC and are required to liaise directly with their electricity retailer.
Generally, sites classified as small are residential premises, however exceptions to this are common. The below National Meter Identifier (NMI) classification codes can help you to classify your NMI size:
|Queensland||>=100 MWh||<100 MWh|
|South Australia||>=160 MWh||<160 MWh|
|New South Wales||>=160 MWh||<160 MWh|
|Australian Capital Territory||>=160 MWh||<160 MWh|
|Victoria||>=160 MWh||<160 MWh|
|Tasmania||>=150 MWh||<150 MWh|
The above values are based on annual usage. Electricity bills are generally provided in Kilowatt hours (Kwh). A megawatt hour (Mwh) is equal to 1,000 Kilowatt hours (Kwh). Threshold limits are subject to change, please refer to the AEMO for more information http://www.aemo.com.au
Metering Coordinator (MC)
We can appoint a Metering Provider (MP) and Metering Data Provider (MDP) for your site.
Our Metering Coordinator services include:
- appointment of the Metering Provider and Metering Data Provider
- coordination of:
- metering installation (provision, installation & maintenance)
- metering data collection, processing, retention & delivery
- contract management with customers & service providers
- billing & payments for market transactions
- service level and performance reporting for market transactions
To perform Metering Coordinator services, we must be nominated as the Metering Coordinator via your retailer.
Metering Provider (MP)
We can install, commission, gather and verify data remotely from meters within the National Energy Market (NEM) market.
Our MP services include:
- provision and installation of compliant metering within the NEM Type 1-4 category.
- remote reading of metering installations
- verification of metering data
We adhere to all Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) guidelines in conducting MP services.
To perform Metering Provider services, we must be nominated as the Metering Provider via your retailer.
Metering Data Provider (MDP)
Our range of Metering Data Provider (MDP) services includes data warehousing, data validation, data delivery, and billing services for metering installations within the National Energy Market (NEM) for meter types 1-4.
We pride ourselves on providing reliable and on-time validated and archived metering data to our customers and have been recognised as one of the best performing Metering Data Provider businesses by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) since 2005.
To perform Metering Data Provider services, we need to be nominated as the Metering Data Provider via your retailer.
For further information on the AEMO guidelines and the requirements of the nominated MC, MP or MDP, please visit the AEMO website.