Dedicated 5G networks are a strategic move towards massive IoT, intelligent city applications and connected communities throughout Australia. With spectrum now acquired, viable and cost effect options are opening up for enterprise to broaden their reach.
What is a dedicated network?
Defined as a non-public network (npn) these networks don’t share traffic with commercial mobile networks. They are a frequency for exclusive use making them a secure, and fully independent method of communication within the reach of the network, completely under the control of the enterprise.
When would you use a dedicated network?
When we have access to a country with high mobile network coverage, why would you need to consider a private network? In instances where enterprise may:
- conduct remote business, outside of the commercial mobile coverage
- experience interrupted service due to location or environment
- have a requirement for high availability, high redundancy
- have high security or privacy needs
- currently or intends on deploying massive IoT in far more cost effective way.
However, 5G is not the only solution that can utilise this technology, or may not be the best option for your needs.